Saturday, 10 September 2016

UberTaxi

I recently used this app just to test how it works and I can guarantee you, it works very well. In less than 10 minutes I was able to book an "air-conditioned" taxi cab from office to home.

Because I use an Android-based Lenovo smartphone, I downloaded it from Googleplay store.
Below is how its logo looks, so you don't miss it.


After it is installed, you will see it displayed as below






It is based on Googlemaps and it has a "route-plotter" that helps you plot from your "source" to "destination" points. The cute thing I love about this app is that it gives you the option to calculate the "estimate" of the trip fare. When I used its trip calculator I got an approx. NGN 2.500 - NGN3,250 and it tells you that this is based on "traffic conditions". Wow!
When the taxi cab picked me up and we got to my place, he showed me that based on the "trip calculator" on his app, my trip fare/charge was NGN 2,650 and that was just NGN150 deviation and I clearly understood why this was so. That was a peak traffic congestion day! But, generally, I am very impressed with the UBER service in Lagos. You can hardly get such quality of cab at such a price in most places in Lagos metropolis.

Well done Uber!  

My rating for this App is FOUR stars out of FIVE -- * * * *

Share your experience with this app....

You can download Uber Taxi app here

No comments:

Post a Comment